Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Imagination

I started this thing with the intention of regularly updating it. I had every intention of writing about every jot-and- tittle of my day, challenging myself to make the mundane, musings of my day reader-worthy. Instead, I have had a blank blog for over a month. 

This blankness requires a decision. Do I continue on and actually keep updating and writing or do I just forget this blog exists and act like my original post was a momentary indiscretion? The following was my inner monologue as my two alter-egos dialogued:

"wow, it has been a hell of a day"
"yeah, you should write about it on your super cool blog!"
"shut-up you are lame, blogs are lame, and no one reads this"
"i thought blogs were for your own personal development"
"whatever, everyone knows the function of the blog is to make people feel validated in the monotony of life."
"that's not true. there is a lot you can learn about life from bloggers"
"true, some of my best recipies are from blogs"
"its really unfortunate that you don't cook"
"yeah, its worse that you sustain yourself on a diet of cheese quesdillas and microvable Organics meals"
"So true"
"Back to the blog..."
"Ah, yes...what to write?"
"Why don't you write about life transitions, moving struggles, lagging community, the election, or some spiritual insight"
"Because, no one reads the deep blogs, they read the fun ones"
"I thought this space was for personal development"
"That explanation of blogging is as annoying as Sarah Palin's use of "you betcha" and "bless her/his heart" in national debates"
"you are being kinda of negative"
"yeah, that's how my desire to even write on this thing in the first place started. I am tired, semi-unhappy, and need the loving affirmation of an affection-less cyberspace"
"you should just go to bed"
"ok"

goodnight.


2 comments:

j. shipley said...

hehe. on the inner-dialogues. i think you should do blog for both yourself and your dear readers. it is rewarding in so many ways. and i selfishly want you to blog because i enjoy reading your musings. and i have a hankering for more. i hope you chose to carry-on. for all of our sakes.

The Imaginary said...

you are too kind good sir:)